Portable carpet cleaners are now much more powerful than they used to be and have the ability to handle cleaning jobs both large and small. These portable units are being used increasingly by carpet cleaning professionals as well as janitorial staff within schools and office buildings for thorough and efficient cleaning.
Carpet cleaning professionals tend to use truck mount carpet cleaning equipment due to the power of the truck mount unit and its ability to clean multiple surfaces effectively. However, there are situations that call for portable units, which is why an increasing number of cleaning professionals are investing in one. The following are some of the features and benefits:
1. The keyword to portable carpet cleaners is “portable,” which means it follows you as you clean. Most units nowadays are small and compact so they easily fit in narrow spaces and can be transported from area to area with ease. Wheels are attached to the unit to allow for easy manoeuvrability with casters or other components outfitted making stair climbing an easy task.
2. Most portable carpet cleaners are dual function, which means they expel the required amount of water solution to remove dirt and grime to then be extracted from the carpet through powerful suction. It is this suction that will determine how wet or dry the carpet is once the cleaning job is done. You want the carpet to be nearly dry in order to eliminate the need for an air mover or reduce the amount of time an air mover needs to be used.
3. The solution and waste tanks of portable carpet cleaners can hold substantial volumes of water so that cleaning procedures do not have to be halted too frequently. Having to cease cleaning too often in order to empty the waste tank and/or refill the solution tank can be time consuming.
4. Because portable units are made for jobs of all sizes, they are built to be durable and hard wearing. Waste and solution tanks are made from materials such as polyethylene and the wheels are chemical resistant. Of course, there are different materials that can be used to form the body and the components, all of which are durable and will not rust or corrode over time.
5. Portable carpet cleaners have the ability to clean more than just carpet. Just as truck mount systems can handle tile and grout, there are portable systems that can as well.
There are many features and benefits to portable carpet cleaners. The power, the amount of liquid they can carry, portability, durability, and the types of surfaces that can be cleaned are just some of the benefits. However, you may find that there are benefits that are unique to your situation and this can make a portable carpet cleaning machine a valuable investment.